Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research title records to examine commercial title properties and write title reports, policies, endorsements, and pro-forma policies
- Make underwriting decisions on title matters and determine the insurability of title, minimizing the risk exposure of potential losses
- Assist escrow, lenders, attorneys, and clients in clearing title
- Work with underwriting and in-house counsel on extra hazardous risk files
- Review surveys and do inspections as needed
- Assess the effect of court matters such as bankruptcies, divorces, judgments, foreclosure actions, and other legal matters
- Determine proper pricing for commitments, endorsements, policies and guarantees using the appropriate fee schedules
- Respond to title objection letters
- Provide technical expertise to commercial escrow closers
- Update title reports as needed
- Minimum of 5 years title examiner/title officer experience
- Knowledge of title practices and real estate law
- Proficient knowledge of the Washington rating manual
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Preferably experienced in the following computer programs: OJIN, PACER, TitlePoint, WORD, and other software related to title searching
- Ability to draft legal descriptions
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues with customers and escrow
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with WFG National Title Insurance Company. WFG provides an outstanding total compensation package to eligible employee’s including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. The WFG family of companies is one of the fastest growing title companies in the nation.
WFG is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
No Phone calls and no recruiters please.