Our rapid growth and high standards require the addition of an organized, detail-oriented, Desktop Support Technician. Our goal is to provide best-in-class and high quality technical support for the assigned core technology and be able to work on difficult customer issues. The right candidate will have a passion for technology and for helping customers.The role will solve complex problems requiring broad, in-depth product knowledge. The role will drive customer communication and keep the customer informed at all times, always having customer satisfaction as the primary goal.
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets and respond to technical support requests by using various tools and processes to troubleshoot and isolate issues
- Enter and/or update new/existing tickets and keep users informed of status
- Provide event root cause investigation as necessary
- Document procedures and application troubleshooting steps as necessary
- Escalate complex technical issues to IT Operations for continued support
- Work with IT Operations and application support teams to troubleshoot and document application and system issues
- Communicate with internal users, and other Helpdesk Technicians regarding case status, prioritization, and resolution plans
- Establish a close working relationship across multiple departments
The following skills and experiences are necessary to be successful in this role
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and complete multiple tasks/projects within assigned time lines
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills to make decisions, and discernment to consult with co-workers when needed to resolve issues
- High energy; ability to get things done
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional departments
- Familiarity and comfort with current software technology and tools, including Microsoft Office 2010--2016 applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of help desk software and remote control support
- Detail oriented with the ability to follow procedures
- Experience in a NOC or Technical Call Center is a plus
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks based on severity and customer impact
- Familiarity with virtualization
- Familiarity with terminal server farms
- Technical degree in computer science/IS and operations and/or equivalent
- 5 years work experience
- Application support experience
- Must be able to learn new systems quickly and have strong troubleshooting skills
- Must have strong teamwork skills and have demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of employees.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to self-manage time and strategically contribute to the IT and application development teams
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with west. west provides an outstanding total compensation package to eligible employee’s including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. The WFG family of companies is one of the fastest growing title companies in the nation.
west is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone calls please.
Recruiters, staffing and placement agencies please do not call.